Tubeguide Has a New Home

I set up a new blog for all of my tubeguide posts. Reset your bookmarks to tubeguide.tv I will no longer be posting here and will be working to move all these blogger posts to the new site over the next couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy the new site.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Glacier Surfing Looks Super Heavy

An excerpt from DeepwaterFilms -- "As an avid surfer myself, I was enthralled with the consistent perfection of this wave; a perfect 'right-hander', traveling up to 200 yards. And this wave was not like the river waves I had seen before, such as those created by tidal bores, or the standing waves that occur in river rapids. This wave was big; up to 20-30 feet in height. It had immense power, and when it hit the submerged "reef", which was only 18" deep in some places, it jacked up and threw a 'heavy barrel'.

The wave itself was perfect, but the safety conditions were not. Icy waters, strong currents, and the danger of ice projectiles (some as large as Volkswagens) made paddle surfing into this wave a suicidal mission."

No comments: